1)Big Congratulations! Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Thank you for giving me a good material to refresh knowledge in various fields of civil engineering I am a teacher at Jyothi Engineering College, Cheruthuruthy. I was short listed in the KSRTC/KSHB exam also; but was not interested in it and hence, didn’t appeared for the interview.
2) What were the primary resources that you used for Lecturer in civil Engg. exam preparation?
My primary resource was the video lectures of Wincentre. Many of the lectures were good and explanations and tricks for remembering various aspects were highly interesting. Also video lectures helped me to learn during my routine travel to work.
3) When did you start seriously preparing for the Lecturer in civil Engg exam?
I started learning for PSC exam with the intention of giving input to my students in the college. I learnt the course for about 9 months. The general awareness classes has improved my general knowledge.
4) What was the pattern of questions for the last exam?
The questions were of objective type. About 10 general knowledge questions and a few mathematical questions were there in addition to basic technical questions.
5) What would you advice, who are preparing for the upcoming PSC exams for Civil Graduates?
I used to prepare my own notes based on the video lecture and the reading of fundamental books. Making self notes will help to memorize the details. Also, the advice from Wincentre of not to make negatives in the examination was really worth.
6) Did Wincentre play a part in your success? If yes,how?
Getting a motivation for learning is the most important one. Wincentre has given me a better focus in my learning. I give a big thanks to the team behind it.
7) Did you use a timetable /study plan to keep your preparation on track?
Yes. I had a routine and continuous effort to make this achievement. Also, Gods grace is inevitable. I could learn minimum 90 minutes (during my journey to and from work) per day.
Dr. Anitha Jacob
Associate Professor in Civil Engineering Jyothi Engineering College
Cheruthuruthy Vettikattiri P.O., Panjal Road Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur 679531.